Thursday, October 11, 2007

My List:

I changed up my list a bit since I wrote this earlier...
here's what I have: There's 8 mom's so everyone can sign up for one item(s)

1. Spider Cookies (already signed up for)
2. Grapes cut in half
3. Snack size sandwiches
4. Individual Orange Jello
5. Carrot or Apple Muffins
6. 2% milk.
7. Treat Bags to take home
8. Fall themed Plates, Napkins and Cups


Here's why I picked these... the grapes are universal, and easy to eat for toddlers, I don't want MY 2 year old eating 8 items of junk - so I tried to limit that since they're also having treats during the games... so as to the sandwiches - I'm thinking either finely chopped ham and cheddar - melted and then put on the bread so it'll stick together for the kids, and then use a pumpkin cookie cutter so they'll have pumpkin shaped ham sandwiches - OR finely chopped cucumbers with a cream cheese mix (a little lighter and definately kid friendly) still shaped like pumpkins. The orange jello is an easy "sweet" thing that hopefully won't send the kids into a sugar shock. The carrot or apple muffins are fall themed, yummy and reasonably healthy.

I also decided on plain old milk - because, let's be honest, after treats, cookies AND jello - do they really need more sugar in the Juice? I didn't think so. LOL

So there we have it... I love Dana's idea for the treat bags... TOO CUTE!

I told her teacher to just leave me for last and I'll make whatever else nobody wanted to sign up for. (I'm kind of hoping for the sandwiches or treat bags... those both look fun!)

Can you tell this kept me busy for much of the afternoon? LOL

1 comment:

Dana said...

It all sounds so fun!
I wanna go..;)

I can not wait to see how it turns out!