Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First Days.



Wow so today was a BIG day! Not only did Krystyna have her baby! A gorgeous little girl! (Welcome Anastasia!!!) But Lizzy had her first day of school! (Which granted isn't as huge as a new baby - but definately a huge deal in our house) ;)

I woke Liz up at 7:15 this morning so she could have plenty of time to wake up slowly before she had to be at school 8:30am. She cuddled in mommy's bed for awhile, and then I got her ready. She was SO excited. - And completely ready with backpack on by 7:45. LOL Too cute. We even had time for a couple pictures before school.


And one shot of her eating breakfast on the sofa - usually a nono but this morning we made an exception so she and I could get a couple more minutes of cuddle time in... (Can you tell this was a heck of alot harder for me than her?)

Ok so on to school. So we get there 10 minutes early... and there's a line outside the school. (The director doesn't open the door until 8:30 on the dot.) So we got to talk to some of the other kids and mom's... it was shy conversation as all the mom's where nervous but trying hard not to show it - while all the kids were a little clingy but excited. It was really cute - there were about 50 kids waiting outside with their little backpacks and mom's in hand... everyone jittery and excited. So 8:30 rolls around and the doors open - I'm the 3rd mom (of 8) to drop of my kid to class... Lizzy takes my hand tight and leads me over to the backpack rack and we hang her bag up - then she let's go - runs over to the assistant, and that's it! No goodbye - no hugs, no tears, no nothing. Time to play! I watched her from the corner for a few minutes and she was having a grand ol time. One of her little buddies (we met them last Friday at the open house and then saw them at the water park on Saturday - so Liz spent the morning with her at the water park and immediatly recognized her when she came into class) anyway... when Ava walked in Lizzy walked up to her - took her hand and led her over to the table where they picked up the playdoh - found seats with their backs to us mom's and that was it. They were best of friends and didn't make a peep when we left. So her mom and I (Michelle) walked out to our cars together laughing and holding back tears - neither of us got a good bye from our girls, but we figured it was better that way. By making it no big deal the girls transitioned really easily. But both of us were admitedly broken hearted. LOL Anyway... so I said bye to the other mom's... went about my business - BY MYSELF! AHHH What will I do with 3 whole hours in the middle of my day completely to myself! First off! Off to Walmart. I had a couple things to pick up - and it was the fastest trip EVER. Well... since I had lizzy - no one to get out of a carseat, buckle in a shopping cart, hold when she get's tired of the shopping cart, etc. etc. I walked in - free handed. Got my things - quickly and efficiantly and then paid and walked on. All the while missing my girly terribly but was very excited for her at the same time.

So I head home - put away my things... jump online really quick with plans of doing laundry - but NO Krystyna's in labor and posting up a storm! So forget the laundry - I'm hanging on to her every word - refreshing every 3 seconds hoping for a new update - loving that she's sharing such a huge moment in her life with her friends. I felt so blessed, and excited! My goodness! How many emotions can I handle in one day?! AHHHH.

So the time passes quickly and all too soon it's 11am. I'm not supposed to pick up Liz until 11:30 but I can't wait another moment - so I jump in the car and head off for her preschool... arriving at 11:02. LOL Funny thing? All the other 2 y/o preschooler mom's where there already waiting. hahaha So I'm not the only crazy one who had a hard time leaving their kiddo! Well that made me feel better... Out of the car and waiting with the other mom's by the entrance (once again, the doors don't open until exactly 11:30 - so we had some time to kill) Talking to the other mom's made me feel better... most of them went straight home and cried for 2 hours before driving back to the school to wait. LOL At least I wasn't that bad. So Sydney's mama (Nikki) and Ava's mom (Michelle) and I sat outside just chatting up a storm about all we'd hoped to accomplish and how laughable to think that on their first day we would get anything done... and before we knew it the doors were opening and we were greated with the sound of the entire 2 y/o room in hysterics. Yep - every single one of them was crying. It would have been kind of funny if we all hadn't been freaking out - but her teacher came out in the hall and said one of the little boys started sobbing when it was time to put on the backpacks and have the last circle time... he realllllly wanted to stay -and once he started crying about the toys - they all joined in. Well that gave us all the giggles. So out come our tear streaked babies with their giant backpacks, swollen eyes, now grinning ear to ear since their mommy's were all back. But no sooner had I picked up my girl than I was called off to the side with Sydney's mommy (Nikki) Oooookay. Who did she hit? And how much trouble are we in? Suprisingly it was Sydney who picked on Lizzy and all Lizzy did was say "NO". She didn't cry or retaliate - but she did have a nice red scratch on her cheek where miss Sydney had tried to grab her face off when Lizzy didn't pass her the desired playdoh. So we both had to sign forms saying we'd been made aware of the issue and that the teachers had given Lizzy plenty of TLC, ice and hugs, etc. And Miss Sydney got a time out. Poor girl. LOL Made me laugh though - I thought for sure it'd be Lizzy who did the pushing/hitting/grabbing/whatever as she has all boy friends and they all play rough. But no - turns out her lessons in manners at home are paying off. She was great and I was so proud of her!

Nikki on the other hand was FREAKING out - making Sydney apologize and such. She felt awful that it was her kid who caused the problem. Frankly, I was shocked that nobody had blackeyes when we came to pick them up - I mean, these are a bunch of 2 year olds who've never been in a classroom setting. I was thrilled that nothing worse had happened all day -but I'm not expecting that to last. hahaha.

So we get in the car and Lizzy is SUPER tired, I have two quick errands to run before we get home and she's on the verge of a major melt down - so I hand her my cup of water and though she made a HUGE mess in the car... she was a happy girl until we got home. We got home, had a quick lunch and then she passed out COLD for over 4 freaking hours. Hahaha. Wow she had a busy morning.

All in all I consider it a very successful day - but emotional as well. Congratulations to the Graff family... and sweet hugs and kisses for my baby girl. I am so proud of her. What a beautiful angel I've been blessed with. I'm so lucky to have her in my life... I thank God everyday for her sweet heart. I love my girl.

She turns two next week! :D Weeee! Wow that'll be a crazy day. Daddy and I are making big plans for her birthday day. It's on a Wednesday but we're going to have a blast all the same... I'll update you with details on that later.

~Happy and Blessed Mommy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Lizzy's first day! I'm so glad I could get on here now...finally!

Angela said...

She looks so cute!

Dana said...

YAY!..Im so glad she did great and that you did also..;)

I can not believe our girlies are 2...Crazyness..Love you sweetie...:)

K said...

Congrats to Miss Lizzy! I can't imagine letting mine go... and I've only known her for a day!

LOVE the pigtails. Can't wait till I've got enough hair to get me some of my own!

The Days said...

She is too cute!!